[Lazarus] [ANN] Xavier for XML — Compatible with FPC and Delphi

Marcos Douglas B. Santos md at delfire.net
Thu Sep 21 18:49:57 CEST 2017

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 5:00 AM, Michael Schnell via Lazarus
> On 20.09.2017 22:09, Marcos Douglas B. Santos via Lazarus wrote:
>>
>> In a perfect design, we may only connect all objects to work in a "task",
>> call "run", and "they" will know what to do. They (Objects) will decide how
>> to do. Not the programmer (the "controller"). Just objects sending messages
>> for each other.
>
> Is that what the (language construct) "Interface" is supposed to provide ?

No. But Interfaces are very important. There is not true OOP without
"contracts" — that is what Interfaces are.
You can use inheritance to provide polimorphism, but inheritance could
be evil and should be avoided[1] as much you can. Instead, use
composion.
Others languages are using "duck typing", but I believe Interfaces are better.

Regards,
Marcos Douglas

[1] My posts about inheritance https://goo.gl/nzM4Ss