[Lazarus] [ANN] Xavier for XML — Compatible with FPC and Delphi

Marcos Douglas B. Santos md at delfire.net
Thu Sep 21 20:24:14 CEST 2017

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 7:32 AM, Anthony Walter via Lazarus
> Marcos,
>
> What and where are James.Data, James.Data.Clss?

Hi Anthony,

Jame is another project of mine: https://github.com/mdbs99/james
I've changed Xavier README a little bit including James as a
dependency and some principles.
Sorry about this misudestandy.

> Have you seen my XML interface at this url?
>
> https://github.com/sysrpl/Cross.Codebot/blob/master/source/codebot.text.xml.pas
>
> It might be helpful to study and/or consider. Example:
>
> [...snip...]

I know Codebot and Bare.Game for a long time.
Maybe I already told you, but you're a great developer. You code
things from the scratch and, even that, the design of your classes is
clean and beautiful. I mean, you do not code like a "hacker", but as
an architect. Your work have inspired me many times. Thank you.

Unfortunately, I didn't remember about this part when I thought to
code Xavier — but it was only a few hours coding with 2 beers.
However, I have some principles or own style that prevents me to use
Codebot. For example: I don't use functions anymore, only objects
(tip: think about put your functions inside classes, see New() methods
in Xavier); classes should be short as possible with 5 or less
methods, most; no nil/NULL as a valid return; other things.
But of course I will study (again) Codebot! For example, I will see
how did you code XPath, because I need to know how to do this on
Windows too. I can get many ideas from Codebot. Thanks again.

What license did you use in Codebot? You might put a LICENSE file there...

Another thing: You might divide Codebot in some specific libraries.
I thought coding everything that I want in James, but I realized that
is simpler to new users give just a piece that they want now, not a
big library — even with dependencies.

Best regards,
Marcos Douglas