[Lazarus] High-DPI TImageList

Werner Pamler werner.pamler at freenet.de
Mon Feb 5 20:04:59 CET 2018

Am 05.02.2018 um 19:45 schrieb Ondrej Pokorny via Lazarus:
> On 05.02.2018 14:07, Werner Pamler via Lazarus wrote:
>> The high-DPI imagelist adds a new entry to the lfm file, "BitmapAdv".
>> Is this really absolutely necessary in all cases, for example if the
>> imagelist contains only standard-resolution images? The problem is
>> that once a form with an image list has been opened by Laz trunk it
>> cannot be opened by Laz 1.8
>
> I just opened my image list example
> (trunk\examples\imagelist_highdpi_designtime\) in Lazarus 1.6 without
> any problems. I only had to skip some warning boxes:
>

> I hit on "Continue loading" every time and the project opened without
> problems and no lost properties and I was able to compile and run it
> (of course without the new high dpi features introduced in 1.9).
>
> => I cannot confirm that a 1.9 project using the high-dpi image list
> cannot be opened in 1.8 and older. Just on the contrary - no problem
> here, only one read error box have to be skipped.

Whenever I see this dialog I go crazy. I never know which button to
press, there's a 67% chance to hit the wrong one. The labels texts are
not descriptive at all. I am absolutely sure that a user less
experienced than me will have the same issues and give up.

It really would be much better to not see this dialog.