[Lazarus] ll 1.8.0 compiles fail with "Error while linking"

Péter Gábor ptrg at freemail.hu
Sun Feb 11 10:38:11 CET 2018

> On 02/10/2018 11:50 PM, Tom Lisjac via Lazarus wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Getting "Error while linking" when trying to compile the 1.8.0 ide or
>> any test programs on an old Fedora 19 and fresh installs of Fedora 23
>> and Centos 6.8. Reviewed some bugs and forum postings, but there
>> doesn't seem to be a fix or workaround available.
>>
>> I'd like to get this working on an RPM based distro, but am wondering
>> if I'd have better luck trying a debian flavor.
>>
>> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> You're probably missing some devel packages.
>
> zeljko
I think zeljko is true... however low dispk space and a lot of other
issues can result in "Error while linking":

You can list dependencies with the following command (in terminal):

  readelf -d ~/Projektek/Lazarus-trunk/lazarus | grep NEEDED
  objdump -p ~/Projektek/Lazarus-trunk/lazarus | grep NEEDED
  ldd ~/Projektek/Lazarus-trunk/lazarus

You can list only the missing dependencies with 'grep' command like this:
  ldd ~/Projektek/Lazarus-trunk/lazarus | grep "not found"

The result of the above command hardly depends on the installed Lazarus
components, and may change if you  install or uninstall some of the
Lazarus components.

--
Péter Gábor
ptrg at freemail.hu