[Lazarus] fpreport designer

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue Feb 27 18:04:39 CET 2018

On Mon, 26 Feb 2018, patspiper via Lazarus wrote:

> On 26/02/18 20:07, Andreas Frieß via Lazarus wrote:
>> The second bug is in the standalone-designer too.
>>
>> Andreas
> I have created 8 bug reports.
>
> Just to make sure: Once i create report data (SQLDB/firebird) as Data1.
> I cannot set the page or the databand Data property to Data1. Data1 is
> the the OI Data property dropdown, but it will not persist and the entry
> will stay blank. Clicking on the preview icon freezes the designer.
>
> What are be the right steps for data?

These are the right steps. The data is set.

The problem is in my misunderstanding how the OI works. For some reason, it
refuses to display component references - even though they are set -
if the component does not include csDesigning in the component state.
I fixed that.

All reported bugs and feature requests except 1 should now be fixed,
I also made some other improvements.

Make sure you update the FPC repository, some changes to the base classes were needed.

Thanks for reporting the bugs !

Michael.