[Lazarus] fpreport designer

patspiper patspiper at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 18:44:04 CET 2018

On 27/02/18 19:04, Michael Van Canneyt via Lazarus wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Feb 2018, patspiper via Lazarus wrote:
>
>> Just to make sure: Once i create report data (SQLDB/firebird) as
>> Data1. I cannot set the page or the databand Data property to Data1.
>> Data1 is the the OI Data property dropdown, but it will not persist
>> and the entry will stay blank. Clicking on the preview icon freezes
>> the designer.
>>
>> What are be the right steps for data?
>
> These are the right steps. The data is set.
>
> The problem is in my misunderstanding how the OI works. For some
> reason, it
> refuses to display component references - even though they are set -
> if the component does not include csDesigning in the component state.
> I fixed that.

I still can't set the Data and ChildBand properties. I updated fpc trunk
and lazarus and am testing using the standalone designer.

> All reported bugs and feature requests except 1 should now be fixed, I
> also made some other improvements.
>
> Make sure you update the FPC repository, some changes to the base
> classes were needed.
>
> Thanks for reporting the bugs !
Thanks for the fixing the bugs!

I guess I will keep you busy more when I test the integrated designer,
since as far as i can see, the standalone designer allows static reports
only. More on that later on.

Stephano