[Lazarus] Recommended practices for Win / Linux development.

Sat Jan 13 16:33:52 CET 2018

On 2018-01-11 15:25, Donald Ziesig via Lazarus wrote:
> Shared Folders on Dropbox (for now).  GitHub later.

Just double check that what goes in does come out. About 2.5 years ago I
let Dropbox (Windows client) "backup" my Git repositories. Silently
(unknown to me at the time), Dropbox decided to skip some files. So the
backups ended up being useless. I ended up using Google Drive instead.

Just something to look out for and test - before you really need to rely
on those backups.

On a side note... Git is a "distributed version control system". Every
clone is a perfect copy of the repository. So you really don't need
Dropbox to share content with others. Others can clone directly from
your "public" directory on your machine (eg: in a LAN office environment).

Regards,
   Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/