[Lazarus] Crosscompile to Android on arm?

Paul Breneman list2010 at BrenemanLabs.com
Wed Jul 25 17:47:06 CEST 2018

On 07/25/2018 08:04 AM, Bo Berglund via Lazarus wrote:
> I have a GUI program developed in FPC/Lazarus x64 on Windows.
> It is an IoT device configuration application which would benefit from
> being portable, i.e. executable on an Android phone. The devices in
> question will be placed in locations where configuration would be
> easier from a phone.
>
> Before I start digging in to the multiple pages I have found on the
> fpc/Android subject I want to ask if it would be feasible to
> cross-compile my Windows application for Android phone use?
>
> I have used standard GUI controls in Lazarus for the visual parts and
> Indy10 (via indylaz) for the TCP/IP communications stuff.
>
> Any advice welcome!
> But if it turns out to be a learning path several weeks long it is
> probably not worth the effort...

You *hope* to compile a program *directly* on an Android phone with
*little* effort?  :)

You could possibly hire me (or other that I know).

Or we could trade things?

On 6/11/18 I wrote a message on this forum to you about a security
dongle I need to use in Lazarus.  I'll trade some work for that code!

I've spent a bit of time investigating similar things:

http://www.turbocontrol.com/userland.htm

http://controlpascal.com/self-hosted.htm

I got a couple of these kits several years ago:
https://www.anaren.com/search/iot%20product%20bluetooth%20smart%20development%20kit

A company who builds waterproof equipment could hopefully use
inexpensive Android tablets occasionally to change equipment settings (a
*lot* less expensive than adding waterproof user IO equipment to their
gear).

I'd enjoy hearing more ideas from others!

Best regard,
Paul
www.ControlPascal.com