[Lazarus] How to debug DB errors.

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Wed May 30 16:42:29 CEST 2018

Op 30-05-18 om 16:24 schreef Donald Ziesig via Lazarus:
> I have been developing database apps for years and I have finally
> reached my limit.  Occasionally I get exceptions in the db code but the
> Call Stack is truncated as is shown below.  I usually just "bite the
> bullet" and single step through the code till I find the offending
> line.  This time, I got an exception after 8 hours of execution.  Is
> there any way that I can set this up so that I get a location in my own
> code?

You could try to install the LazDebuggerFP package, and switch to the
FPDebug debugger in your debugger-options. In a lot of cases it shows a
more complete callstack.

And did you already tried to use the fcl-db package with debug-info? If
you want to, go to a terminal, change to current directory to the fcl-db
source (where the fpmake.pp file is). Then do:

fppkg install -o -gl

Then build your application in Lazarus, and you will have fcl-db with
debug-info.

Regards,

Joost.