[Lazarus] How to debug DB errors.

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Wed May 30 22:52:09 CEST 2018

Op 30-05-18 om 18:44 schreef Donald Ziesig via Lazarus:
>>> I found the fpmake.pp file in
>>> /usr/share/fpcsrc/3.0.4/packages/fcl-db. Using sudo -i, I ran:
>>>
>>> fppkg install -o -gl
>>>
>>> It responded "Error code 301", then "Compile successful".
>>>
>>> I ran it again:
>>>
>>> hp-laptop fcl-db # fppkg install -o -gl
>>> Warning: Unexpected response status code: 301
>>> The FPC Package tool encountered the following error:
>>> Found broken packages, run "fppkg fixbroken" first

>> But in your case you can just ignore all this. Fppkg tries to
>> recompile all packages which are depending on fcl-db. But the only
>> change is that you added debug-info. So the recompile is not necessary.
>>
>> Try to build your project, and see what happens.
>
> Well, the IDE recompiles, but my app is having problems with my own
> libraries that use *sqldb*.  The error message says that the checksum
> has changed.  I tried recompiling all or the dependencies, but the error
> does not change.

The compiler will tell you which .ppu's it uses. And it can not find the
proper sources to recompile the .ppu. Best is just to remove the .ppu
the compiler complains about, and try again. That way you know which
sources you are missing and add those (or their path, or compile them
and place the .ppu's in the path)

> I am now going to uninstall Lazarus and FPC and re-installing it from
> scratch.  Hopefully that will fix it.  If not, I'll let you know.

I doubt that this will help. If you want to get rid of all (local) fppkg
changes, you can just remove the ~/.fppkg directory.

Same holds for Lazarus and ~/.lazarus

> BTW, is there any log file that I might be missing that will get me
> closer to the problem?

The compiler log is you friend, I would say. (You could add the -va
compiler option in Lazarus, but this will give you way too much information)
Same holds for fppkg, add '-v' or '-d' and you will get more info.

Btw: Martin's suggestion to add -O- also is also a good suggestion. So:

fppkg -o -gl -o -O-

Regards,

Joost.