[Lazarus] Lazarus 1.8.5 IDE behaviour difference Win-Linux

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 13:20:47 CET 2018

On Sun, 4 Nov 2018 23:25:19 +0100, Bart via Lazarus

>On Sun, Nov 4, 2018 at 11:19 PM Bo Berglund via Lazarus
><lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>
>> Is this behaviour only available on Windows or do I have some kind of
>> problem in my Linux installation?
>
>I have Linux Mint 18.2 64-bit in VirtualBox VM with KDE as WM  (Win10 as host).
>When I click the maximize button of the main IDE window the window
>centers itself vertically on my desktop.
>It's unusable.
>Like you I manually drag the main IDE window to bee the full screen size.

I logged out of Xfce and logged back in to the Ubuntu standard desktop
to check behaviour...
Turns out that clicking the maximize button in Lazarus makes the main
window cover the whole screen!
I.e. it expands both sideways and down to cover *everything* with a
gray panel! Seriously flawed in my mind! And completely unusable...

And this is using the fixes_1_8 branch, which should hold the very
latest stable fixes for 1.8.
Lazarus help/about says:

Version #: 1.8.5