[Lazarus] IDE Scout issue

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sun Oct 14 19:16:43 CEST 2018

On Sun, 14 Oct 2018, Juha Manninen via Lazarus wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 14, 2018 at 7:55 PM Michael Van Canneyt via Lazarus
> <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>> Most if not all commands in the editor are registered, but do not do
>> anything. The source editor simply looks up the key combination in the
>> commands, and then invokes the main menu.
>> The TIDECommand.Execute does method not do anything.
>>
>> This is a design error in the IDE, it needs to be fixed at a fundamental
>> level.
>
> Indeed, I remember the commands are invoked in different ways which
> feels wrong. I don't remember details, it was some time ago I looked
> at them.
> Maybe AlexeyT could take a look.

>From what I can see, it should be sufficient to create a descendent of
TIDECommand with the ec* editor command constant as a property, and register this descendant
as an IDE command with the main menu callback as the command callback, and
the source editor, after looking up the command using the key combination,
must simply call .execute instead of calling the main menu function...

Unless of course there are some hidden pitfalls :)

Michael.