[Lazarus] Cross compile for Linux x64 on Windows 7 x64?

Marcos Douglas B. Santos md at delfire.net
Tue Apr 2 14:26:20 CEST 2019

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 9:14 AM Bo Berglund via lazarus

> I have a command line utility created in Lazarus 2.0.0/fpc 3.0.4 on
> Windows 7 x64. I use the Lazarus/fpc downloaded via this page:
> https://www.lazarus-ide.org/index.php?page=downloads
>
> Now I want to compile this project for Linux on the same x64 Intel CPU
> so I can run it under Ubuntu 16.4 LTS Server x64.
> Since that is a headless machine (it is a server) I need to build the
> utility by cross-compile on my Windows x64 Lazarus installation.
>
> Is there a *simple* instruction on how to do this? I have looked at
> the doc page:
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Cross_compiling
> but it is too complex for me to understand. I tried to just go to the
> sections I deemed relevant to my simple (and probably very common)
> case but they all cross-reference into a maze...
>
> I need a "For Dummies" how-to which presupposes I have installed
> Lazarus/Fpc for Windows x64 and then tells me what to download extra
> (and from where) and also how to set up the project environment to
> make the Linux target.
> Is something like that available?

The fastest and easy way to setup the cross-compilation - and install
Lazarus itself - is using fpcupdeluxe
-> https://github.com/LongDirtyAnimAlf/fpcupdeluxe/releases

Just get the binary for your platform, run and following the
instructions. That's all.

best regards,
Marcos Douglas