[Lazarus] Cross compile for Linux x64 on Windows 7 x64?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 16:23:08 CEST 2019

On Tue, 2 Apr 2019 09:26:20 -0300, "Marcos Douglas B. Santos via
lazarus" <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

>The fastest and easy way to setup the cross-compilation - and install
>Lazarus itself - is using fpcupdeluxe
>-> https://github.com/LongDirtyAnimAlf/fpcupdeluxe/releases
>
>Just get the binary for your platform, run and following the
>instructions. That's all.

I don't want to scrap my existing installation of Lazarus 2.0.0/fpc
3.0.4 created by the official download on the www.lazarus-ide.org
page..

It is configured and I have used it for several projects already....

It seems to me like my question would be solved by downloading the
cross-compiler from the additional files page on the lazarus-ide site
but I don't know how to go from there...

https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/Lazarus%20Windows%2064%20bits/Lazarus%202.0.0/

The file I mean is:
lazarus-2.0.0-fpc-3.0.4-cross-i386-win32-win64.exe

But I don't know if it just contains the fpc cross compiler or if it
aso contains some Lazarus version, thus I am hesitant to get it and
risk starting over again.

But then there is also the question regarding HOW to use the cross
compiler....

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden