[Lazarus] Got Lazarus 2.0.0 from SVN, missing help files

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 21:31:54 CEST 2019

On Wed, 03 Apr 2019 20:38:15 -0400, Bo Berglund via lazarus

>On Wed, 3 Apr 2019 18:44:27 +0200, Mattias Gaertner via lazarus
><lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>
>>You can download them from here:
>>https://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/binaries/docs/chm/
>>and put them into lazarus/docs/chm/
>>

>Thanks, I will do that.
>Maybe I can even check them out from svn directly into that folder?

What I did in the end:
In a terminal:
cd ~/dev/lazarus/2.0.0/docs
svn export --force
https://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/binaries/docs/chm chm

The checkout took a while but when done I closed and started Lazarus
2.0.0 and then used the F1 key with the cursor on the word
StrToIntDef, which did not work before, but now the help page
appeared!

Thanks for the help, I will add this to my document on how to install
fpc/lazarus from svn sources.

Question:
What will happen if I use co rather than export? I will then have a
working copy within another working copy, is that goind to screw up my
updates down the line?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden