[Lazarus] How can I see what has changed in my project?

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu Aug 1 10:58:28 CEST 2019

On Thu, 01 Aug 2019 10:35:01 +0200
Bo Berglund via lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Aug 2019 09:30:38 +0200, Mattias Gaertner via lazarus
> <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>
> >> How can I find out what Lazarus thinks has changed????
> >
> >Maybe here:
> >View / IDE Internals / About IDE / Modified
> >

> Thanks,
> I went there and this is what the pane showed:
>
> ------------------------
> Project.SomethingModified Data
> Project.SomethingModified Session
> SourceEditorManager.SomethingModified
>
> Project units:
> formmain.pas Modified SessionModified
> formpasswd.pas SessionModified
>
> Source Editor:
>   D:\Engineering\Projects\Subversion\Bosse\VideoPlayer\formmain.pas
> Component=False
> ------------------------
>
> What does this mean?

"Session" are things like bookmarks and cursor positions. You can
probably ignore that.
"Component=false" means there is no designer form loaded
"formmain.pas Modified" means something in formmain.pas was modified.

Check for any yellow line markers in the source editor indicating an
edit.
Otherwise you may have changed the encoding, or you use some third
party package that stores some data for this unit.

> THere is no reference to a source line...
>
> I probably will make a svn commit before closing the Lazarus IDE and
> see what files get changed that are part of the svn project.

Good idea.

Mattias