[Lazarus] Lazarus 2.0.2 EditorMacroScript error on first startup RPi4B

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 21:52:32 CEST 2019

On Sat, 17 Aug 2019 18:43:01 +0200, Martin Frb via lazarus

>On 17/08/2019 18:23, Bo Berglund via lazarus wrote:
>> On Sat, 17 Aug 2019 16:43:38 +0200, Martin Frb via lazarus
>> <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>>
>>> I attached a ready to go replacement file.
>>> Make a copy of your original
>>>    components/macroscript/emsselftest.pas
>>> and then put the attached file into it.
>> Done!
>>
>>> Tools > Option > editor macro script : "Test again"
>> This button is disabled, cannot click it.
>Then it should say "scripting active"?

Yes it does...

>That means, that this install of Lazarus has either not yet encountered
>the error, or that the "editormacroscript.xml" was deleted/reset (i.e.
>error removed from content).

Could not the actions reported on first start do just that and this is
what causes the message not to reappear?

>( editormacroscript.xml is in your primary config path. You can find
>where that is from the menu: View > IDE Internals > About IDE )

I found it and it contains basically nothing:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<CONFIG/>

>If you get the error again (with or without the changed unit), then
>check for
>1) the "test again" button
>2) the editormacroscript.xml file

It will probably only happen wenever I get Lazarus 2.0.6 on board
then...

>Anyway if scripting is active, then the self test runs at every start of
>your IDE. And that leaves the question why it does not report the error
>anymore. (and when the editormacroscript.xml was deleted/reset)

Yes, why?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden