[Lazarus] Lazarus 2.0.2 EditorMacroScript error on first startup RPi4B

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sat Aug 17 18:43:01 CEST 2019

On 17/08/2019 18:23, Bo Berglund via lazarus wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Aug 2019 16:43:38 +0200, Martin Frb via lazarus
> <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>
>> I attached a ready to go replacement file.
>> Make a copy of your original
>>    components/macroscript/emsselftest.pas
>> and then put the attached file into it.
> Done!
>
>> Tools > Option > editor macro script : "Test again"
> This button is disabled, cannot click it.
Then it should say "scripting active"?

That means, that this install of Lazarus has either not yet encountered
the error, or that the "editormacroscript.xml" was deleted/reset (i.e.
error removed from content).
( editormacroscript.xml is in your primary config path. You can find
where that is from the menu: View > IDE Internals > About IDE )

If you get the error again (with or without the changed unit), then
check for
1) the "test again" button
2) the editormacroscript.xml file

Anyway if scripting is active, then the self test runs at every start of
your IDE. And that leaves the question why it does not report the error
anymore. (and when the editormacroscript.xml was deleted/reset)

> Do I need to replace the file as above with Lazarus closed? I did it
> while it was running.
Lazarus usually detects changed files while running. Though I do not
know if a package will be marked for rebuild in that case.... But save
is to do so when closed. Or to choose "clean all" as then the file will
be rebuild no matter what
But the changes in the file do not affect the button.

> So could not complete past this step.
>
>>     (this deletes/reset editormacroscript.xml from your primary conf,
>> which is the file that stores the error)
>> Tools > Rebuild Lazarus IDE
>> Restart
> Will Lazarus not automatically Restart following a rebuild?
That is the default setting, it can be changed though