[Lazarus] Gtk3 high resolution issues on Linux

Ryan Joseph genericptr at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 20:28:13 CET 2019

> On Dec 9, 2019, at 1:29 PM, Ryan Joseph <genericptr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks, it's helpful just to know what I'm not doing something wrong. I'll keep searching around in the debugger until I figure out why this is happening.

After much time in the debugger I found out that GTK3 needs to multiple the screen by the scale factor (2 for high-res) and this fixes the problem. Yay! but now I see that GTK3 controls sizes are mostly all wrong anyways (not related to high res even). :(

Is this known to Lazarus? I'm testing GTK3 in C now and it doesn't even seem possible to make a button smaller than 34 pixels. I'm going to keep working at it but until this is fixed GTK3 widgets are basically broken unless it is your only targeted widget set across all platforms.

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph