[Lazarus] Gtk3 high resolution issues on Linux

Ryan Joseph genericptr at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 22:55:16 CET 2019

> On Dec 11, 2019, at 2:28 PM, Ryan Joseph <genericptr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Is this known to Lazarus? I'm testing GTK3 in C now and it doesn't even seem possible to make a button smaller than 34 pixels. I'm going to keep working at it but until this is fixed GTK3 widgets are basically broken unless it is your only targeted widget set across all platforms.

I discovered that new CSS needs to be applied for GTK3 so widgets maintain the same size across different widget sets but is this safe? I don't know much about Linux but I'm curious if users change the system theme these settings will be overridden and change the size of all the controls. Maybe it doesn't matter though because unless we change the default CSS a button you request at 75x25 pixels will always be 75x34 and that can't be an acceptable solution.

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph