[Lazarus] Lazarus Release Candidate 3 of 2.0

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sat Feb 2 21:59:25 CET 2019

On Sat, 2 Feb 2019 21:36:58 +0100
Joe via lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In this test installation of Lazarus 2.0.0RC3 the IDE does not show
> the components palette, and under View -> Components the lists are
> empty.
>
> This I did: Installed Linux Mint 18 Sarah 32-Bit on an old x86
> notebook. Downloaded fpc-laz_3.0.4-1_i386.deb, fpc-src_3.0.4-1_i386
> and lazarus-project_2.0.0RC3-0_i386.deb from
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/.
>
> Then I installed the three deb files with GDebi and started the
> Lazarus IDE. A warning "directory lcl not found" appeared. I clicked
> on "Start IDE". Under Tools -> Options -> Environment, the field
> "Lazarus directory" is empty.

If you installed Lazarus the first time on this computer, on start you
should see "Welcome to Lazarus 2.0.0RC3" and the Lazarus directory
should be set to" /usr/share/lazarus".

Are you sure you installed it for the first time?
Close the IDE, remove the ~/.lazarus directory and then start the IDE
again.

Mattias