[Lazarus] Lazarus Release Candidate 3 of 2.0

Joe Special at Joepgen.com
Sat Feb 2 22:36:44 CET 2019

Am 02.02.2019 um 21:59 schrieb Mattias Gaertner via lazarus:
> On Sat, 2 Feb 2019 21:36:58 +0100
> Joe via lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> In this test installation of Lazarus 2.0.0RC3 the IDE does not show
>> the components palette, and under View -> Components the lists are
>> empty.
>>
>> This I did: Installed Linux Mint 18 Sarah 32-Bit on an old x86
>> notebook. Downloaded fpc-laz_3.0.4-1_i386.deb, fpc-src_3.0.4-1_i386
>> and lazarus-project_2.0.0RC3-0_i386.deb from
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/.
>>
>> Then I installed the three deb files with GDebi and started the
>> Lazarus IDE. A warning "directory lcl not found" appeared. I clicked
>> on "Start IDE". Under Tools -> Options -> Environment, the field
>> "Lazarus directory" is empty.
> If you installed Lazarus the first time on this computer, on start you
> should see "Welcome to Lazarus 2.0.0RC3" and the Lazarus directory
> should be set to" /usr/share/lazarus".
>
> Are you sure you installed it for the first time?
> Close the IDE, remove the ~/.lazarus directory and then start the IDE
> again.
>
> Mattias

Hello, Mattias,

maybe (am not sure) in a first attempt  I had installed and deinstalled
Lazarus 1.6, which  is offered by this distro. Later when I tried to
install RC3, GDebi told me, there was an package conflict with fpc. I
did  sudo apt-get purge fpc and then sudo apt-get autoremove. Now RC3
could be installed.

Following your advice, I removed the ~/.lazarus directory of the default
user, and the problem was gone.

--  Joe