[Lazarus] IDE Ctrl+W key

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Tue Mar 19 05:00:18 CET 2019

On 19/03/2019 04:39, Dmitry Boyarintsev via lazarus wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 10:58 PM Martin Frb via lazarus
> <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org <mailto:lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org>>
> wrote:
>
>     History back should work after an codetools error. IIRC Ctrl-H,
>     but I move it to Alt-Cursor-Left.
>

> The first time I hear about that thing. What's "History point"?  how
> is it defined?

View menu: jump history

Everytime you jump to a declaration, method body, ... (and some others
like go to begin/end of file) a point is inserted. (except, if it is
just 1 or 2 lines from where you were).

You can navigate back and forward on those points.
- mouse buttons 4 and 5 (like in webbrowesrs)
- ctrl-h (IIRC.., I recommand mapping it to alt cursor left/right)
- editor toolbar can provide buttons too

The usual way is, that you look up the definition of some identifier (I
mapped "jump to declaration" to alt cursor up), maybe follow it forward,
follow another declaration inside it...., and then jump back as far as
you need.