[Lazarus] Raspbian FPC 3.3.1 and Lazarus 2.0 Available

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 10:30:03 CET 2019

On Thu, 21 Mar 2019 09:12:14 +0100, Milan Baša via lazarus

>I have 2 GB free space with Lazarus installed.
>I think it was not swap problem.

On my Rpi3 with Stretch I have the following sizes:
~/dev/fpc/3.0.4 =581 M
~/dev/fpc/laz/2.0.0 = 959 M
~/share/src/fpc-3.0.4 = 287 M
Just these are a total of 1827 M

I build both from sources via svn in my user home dir.

My experience is that when the fpc or lazarus build process stop with
strange errors then swap size is the culprit.
I always use 1 GB swap. But that of course needs an additional 1 GB of
disk space so with an 8GB SD-card you need 2.83 GB for fpc/laz and are
left with about 5 GB for operating system and everything else....

I still say you should go for a larger SD card and set swap higher.

You could check how much you have used in a dir tree:

du -sh <target dir>
Ex:
$ du -sh ~/dev/fpc/3.0.4
581M    /home/pi/dev/fpc/3.0.4

Or for total summary of the free space on the disk:

$ sudo du -sh /
17G     /

--
Bo Berglund