[Lazarus] Is LCL-GTK still possible?

Tue Mar 26 14:47:15 CET 2019

On 26/03/2019 13:22, Mattias Gaertner via lazarus wrote:
> It shows "incompatible ppu...". Have you compiled clean?
> For example Run / Clean up and build?

I've never used that before.... Doesn't Lazarus keep compiled units in
separate output directories? I had a quick look in the LCL package and I
see the output directory is set as

  ../units/$(TargetCPU)-$(TargetOS)/$(LCLWidgetType)

So surely having built Lazarus from source and only ever used LCL-GTK2,
there should not have been any interference with outdated ppu files when
I try and build an application using LCL-GTK1?

Maybe some packages included with Lazarus don't have the correct unit
output directories set?  Hence the "Clean up and build..." option being
required. This is the only conclusion I could think of as to why ppu
files would be out of date on my system. This system has only been set
up from scratch 2 months ago.

Aside from that, the above suggestion and the latest fixes you committed
has resolved the issue. I have managed to successfully compile and run a
LCL-GTK1 application. Thanks. :)

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/