[Lazarus] Is LCL-GTK still possible?

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Mar 26 15:06:02 CET 2019

On Tue, 26 Mar 2019 13:47:15 +0000
Graeme Geldenhuys via lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

> On 26/03/2019 13:22, Mattias Gaertner via lazarus wrote:
> > It shows "incompatible ppu...". Have you compiled clean?
> > For example Run / Clean up and build?
>
> I've never used that before.... Doesn't Lazarus keep compiled units in
> separate output directories?

Yes - at least for the Lazarus sources.
But when an unit is moved to another package, the old ppu is still in
the old folder.

> I had a quick look in the LCL package
> and I see the output directory is set as
>
>   ../units/$(TargetCPU)-$(TargetOS)/$(LCLWidgetType)
>
> So surely having built Lazarus from source and only ever used
> LCL-GTK2, there should not have been any interference with outdated
> ppu files when I try and build an application using LCL-GTK1?
>
> Maybe some packages included with Lazarus don't have the correct unit
> output directories set?

I doubt that. You are compiling some central packages.

> Hence the "Clean up and build..." option
> being required. This is the only conclusion I could think of as to
> why ppu files would be out of date on my system. This system has only
> been set up from scratch 2 months ago.

It was just a guess. Maybe your system has another reason, why the
compiler does not like the ppu file. Compile with -vt.

> Aside from that, the above suggestion and the latest fixes you
> committed has resolved the issue. I have managed to successfully
> compile and run a LCL-GTK1 application. Thanks. :)

:)

Mattias