[Lazarus] Feedback Wanted: Next tutoring project

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Tue May 7 17:25:01 CEST 2019

Thanks, but I think I've decided what I am going to do is allow for sounds
to be applied to a virtual keyboard interface. Each sound might be
different both in pitch and in actual sound. So are far as reading standard
music file formats that won't work.

Also along these lines, I will also want to allow for sound files such as
wav or mp3 files to be used as sources, much like I allow for pictures to
be used as sources in my Image Shop program. This will be in addition to
tone generation sources which will be purely grammatically generated. The
tones will then optionally be able to route through effect functions such
as attack, sustain, pan, reverb, flanger, echo and so on to manipulate the
tone before it reached the virtual keyboard. All the sources and effects
will appear in the user interface as nodes with the end point being a
specific virtual keyboard key. The layout of the keyboard to node binding
will be able to be saved and loaded. Also users will be able to map virtual
keyboard keys to their actual computer keys so that they can play the
different node series using their computer keyboard.

I do have one request though, which I shall make a new thread for. And that
request is to ask for help from someone in writing an mp3 decoder with a
few requirements. If anyone is interested helping me with in this project,
the help with and an mp3 and wav decoder would be much appreciated. See the
other thread for details.