[Lazarus] Lazarus program runs fine in a Terminal but not in a PuTTY session, why?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 15:02:12 CET 2019

On Thu, 31 Oct 2019 23:04:50 +0000, Graeme Geldenhuys via lazarus

>Hi Bo,
>
>On 31/10/2019 10:02 pm, Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus wrote:
>> If the 'interfaces' unit is in the uses clause of your program, try
>> removing it.
>

>In addition to what Michael said, you can also run
>`ldd /path/and/program` and Linux will tell you your executable is
>dependent on X11 libraries. If so, then "nogui" might still be pulling
>in dependencies without your knowledge.

Does this mean that the program may still only run on a Pi where there
is an installed desktop? For example if I move the application to an
RPi4 with Raspbian Lite installed, will it possibly barf at me then?

With nogui it so far seems to work OK, but I have only tested very
little.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden