[Lazarus] Lazarus 2.0.6 IDE suddenly disappeared losing a lot of edits...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 22:10:36 CET 2019

I installed Lazarus 2.0.6 a few hours ago into a fully updated
Raspbian Buster on an RPi4B 4GB system. Interfacing to it using
RealVNC to my Windows7 laptop.

I opened the current project and checked that it would build etc. No
problems.

Then I started write a section of description comments at the top of a
source file and when I was almost done and clicked in the editor
window a few lines down to move the cursor, Lazarus suddenly just
unloaded on me!!!
Desktop still there and all seemingly working OK except Lazarus had
disappeared.

All edits lost when I restarted Lazarus. :-(

I have never before encountered a crash like this, could it be because
the IDE is so "fresh out of the presses"?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden