[Lazarus] Lazarus 2.0.6 IDE suddenly disappeared losing a lot of edits...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 14:48:39 CET 2019

On Fri, 1 Nov 2019 23:03:16 +0100, Martin Frb via lazarus

>> I have never before encountered a crash like this, could it be because
>> the IDE is so "fresh out of the presses"?
>Good question "why". That can't be answered easily. And the issue could
>be new or old.
>
>Unfortunately more info would be needed. So it depends how reproducible
>the issue is.
>It could easily be something related to RP (and then may happen again).
>Or Gtk (2 or 3 ?).
>
>Is there a core file? If yes, try to get a trace with gdb.
>
>If it can be reproduced, try getting a stacktrace. If the IDE is build
>with debug info, and run from console (or with --debug-log=file) then it
>will in most cases print a trace of the crash.
>If it does not print a trace, then running the IDE (still with debug
>info) under gdb can help.

Now it happened again!
I was compiling the program then executing it inside a terminal
(external to Lazarus) and then repeating this to find my bug.

When I found it I doubleclicked the name of my logging component to
copy its name, but instead instanly Lazarus disappeared!

I will now revert back to Lazarus 2.0.4 instead.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden