[Lazarus] The future of the Lazarus IDE

Marco van de Voort fpc at pascalprogramming.org
Sun Nov 24 22:56:18 CET 2019

Op 2019-11-24 om 22:35 schreef Luca Olivetti via lazarus:

>> Web only apps is not really my cup of tea. I
>> don't always work where there is good any any internet.
>
> But you can run a custom web app on a local server, no internet needed.

Sure, basically when we did webapps we always had local installs for
testing etc. But if it is to work on a single laptop, it must not
reference any service on the web. So you must even be able to generate
it with other locations for default javascript scripts.

> I never wrote something like that, but I have some applications where
> that could be useful.

Mostly testing, and when you have to. But it is not something I prefer,
more a hard way to do a simple thing