[Lazarus] The future of the Lazarus IDE

Mon Nov 25 19:18:42 CET 2019

On 25/11/2019 8:11 am, Luca Olivetti via lazarus wrote:
> I meant an internal network with an
> application specific server used by many clients.

And that is exactly how the other day we had 500+ IntelliJ IDEA
developers in our company that couldn't run IntelliJ. The licensing
server died for a couple of hours. I personally had such reliance on a
single point of failure.

Stand-alone local apps without the reliance of any service on a network
(LAN or WAN) is always my preference.

I've had the same argument for 15+ years about having offline help too.
The help stays compatible with the version of software I have running,
and if the internet goes down, I can still access the help.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/