[Lazarus] The future of the Lazarus IDE

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Mon Nov 25 20:47:39 CET 2019

El 25/11/19 a les 19:18, Graeme Geldenhuys via lazarus ha escrit:
> On 25/11/2019 8:11 am, Luca Olivetti via lazarus wrote:
>> I meant an internal network with an
>> application specific server used by many clients.
>
> And that is exactly how the other day we had 500+ IntelliJ IDEA
> developers in our company that couldn't run IntelliJ. The licensing
> server died for a couple of hours. I personally had such reliance on a
> single point of failure.

Sure, but that's not a custom application

> Stand-alone local apps without the reliance of any service on a network
> (LAN or WAN) is always my preference.

Since the application I'm thinking of needs to access the server anyway,
even as it is now (a native executable) it would stop working if the
server wasn't accessible.

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007