[Lazarus] Multi-platform console application, how to handle file paths?

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 29 23:01:45 CET 2019

Graeme Geldenhuys via lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> schrieb am
Di., 29. Okt. 2019, 21:08:

> On 29/10/2019 12:07 pm, Bo Berglund via lazarus wrote:
> > I have been around too long so I
> > remember the old days...
>
> Same. Windows should get with the times and switch to Unix. ;-)
>
> On a side note:
> After all, Windows still start the drive letters with C: and considering
> that no PC is the last decade or two has shipped with floppy drives,
> maybe they could start from A: instead. Most of the people I work with
> have NO idea why Windows starts with C: as the boot drive instead of A: :-P

There is still enough software out there that assumes A: and B: are floppy
drives and thus either ignores them or handles them especially (I fixed
such a relic in our own software just two weeks ago, because a customer had
his optical drives as A: and B:, otherwise we wouldn't have noticed that...
).

Regards,
Sven