[Lazarus] Multi-platform console application, how to handle file paths?

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Oct 30 10:50:39 CET 2019

On Tue, 29 Oct 2019 13:07:50 +0100
Bo Berglund via lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

>[...]
> Anyway, given that the delimiters do not matter I will just code for
> Linux (the main platform) and not bother with the Windows case.

There are some differences. For example filenames are case
insensitive.
FileExists returns false under Windows for directories.
Windows allows empty names, so these are different things: 'C:\a',
Windows has one current directory per partition.
Windows knows specials paths starting with '\\'.
etc.

Mattias