[Lazarus] Lazarus on Ubuntu 18 does not restore all minimized windows with the main window

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 11:45:11 CEST 2020

I have installed FPC 3.0.4/Lazarus 2.0.6 from sources retrieved by SVN
onto a repurposed HP EliteBook 8440w laptop where I have installed
Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS.

Lazarus starts up OK and I can build an application, which I have
created in Windows (project sources retrieved via SVN onto the
laptop). Things seem to work pretty well, if not perfect.

However I have been annoyed by one thing that is really disturbing:

If I minimize Lazarus using the minimize button in the upper right
corner of the main window (where the menu and all component tabs are)
then all other windows are also minimized as expected.
But if I restore the main window by clicking on its placeholder in the
bottom bar, then ONLY that window appears, all others remain minimized
and I have to click on each and every of these to get them back.

What have I missed here? Is there a setting I have overlooked?

I have never seen this in Windows and also not on RaspberryPi with
Raspbian Wheezy-Jessie-Pixel-Buster. All have worked the same as on
Windows in this respect.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden