[Lazarus] Keyboard interpreted incorrectly?

Brian b_lists at patandbrian.org
Fri Apr 10 19:36:51 CEST 2020

On 4/10/20 9:02 AM, R.Smith via lazarus wrote:
> Are you using it through a Remote desktop or VM or such?

No.

> Check the Ctrl key is not pressed. i is the 9th letter and TAB is the
> 9th ASCII character. Similarly m is the 13th letter and NewLine is the
> 13th ACII character - which makesĀ  it seem to me somewhere the
> keyboard is getting confused.

Yes, I realised the association.

> Does this work correctly when you edit a text file?

No. That's what makes me think they keyboard is in the clear
(unfortunately I don't have a spare). Lazarus is the *only*
application I have been able to find which shows this behaviour.

> If so, check the Lazarus Tools-->Options for keyboard input (keys can
> be assigned specifically there, maybe you have a weird set assigned),
> although I do not know of a standard setting that would cause this. I
> have however seen stuff like that happen when I had the Ctrl and/or
> Alt key stuck down or used it via remote desks.

Yeah, all ideas, but unfortunately, none of them applicable here. I
will look at the keyboard input options (hadn't thought of that one).

Brian.