[Lazarus] EAccessViolation exception on exit qt5 project in Kubuntu 19.10

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Tue Apr 14 12:55:20 CEST 2020

On 4/13/20 7:43 PM, Luca Olivetti via lazarus wrote:

> Now I tried installing the packaged libqt5pas and still see no segfault.
> Note that this isn't a fresh install, I dist-upgraded it (or better
> do-release-upgraded it) many times, but I don't think that should matter.

IMO, fpc version is important. fpc-3.0.4 from distro crashes, fpc-3.0.4
built via fpcupdeluxe works, fpc-3.2.0beta works (because it's built via
fpcupdeluxe ? ).
Also, KDE Plasma have bug somewhere in KioCore which triggers on qt app
close - for this, I must test pure Qt5 application to see what's going
on. In this case Qt4 apps are crashing too.
How to reproduce such crash: simple form with TOpenDialog or
TSaveDialog, start your project, open dialog, close dialog, close app
and you'll segfaulted.

zeljko