[Lazarus] Projects in a directory hierarchy - what is allowed?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 10:35:30 CET 2020

On Mon, 3 Feb 2020 11:29:15 +0100, Mattias Gaertner via lazarus

>Or in Lazarus use View  / Unit Dependencies.
>Click left on PiGpio.pas and look on the right for "used by ...".
>
>>[...]
>
>> 2) If I add a path .. via project properties does this really mean
>> that Lazarus will try to compile ALL source files found there even if
>> only a couple are part of the current project?
>
>No. FPC will compile only sources used by your project - direct and
>indirect. Maybe you have some indirect dependency or some old ppu file.
>

>> 3) What can I do to remedy this problem?
>
>3. Check View / Unit dependencies

Thanks Mattias!
I did not know about the View / Unit dependencies command and usage.
But now using that I could trace back through the units brought in via
the uses clause and find out why PiGpio was appearing.

It starts from an innocent looking class definition unit in the dir
above the current projects and wanders through 2 more levels before
getting to PiGpio.
Seems like I had not isolated class definitions enough so I edited the
files a bit concerning what should be used and where so I could clean
the class defines to only deal with the appropriate stuff.

After that was done my current project does build on Windows.

Of course I will now have to fix the other project as well, but that
is for a later day.

Thanks again!!!

--
Bo Berglund