[Lazarus] IDE rebuild fails on raspi4

Tom Lisjac zikon770 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 01:21:06 CET 2020

HI Bo,

Thanks for your reply and comments... very helpful!

Since your svn builds work without issue on the pi4, it looks like my
persistence problem is with the lazarus package from the raspbian repo.
Otto Dominguez also replied privately and provided some details about why.
He also generously included a links to a set of 2.0.6 Lazarus packages he
made for the pi4:

https://app.box.com/s/7g54gml6p9bfn10157go430oyputw2au

I'm going to uninstall the raspbian package and try Otto's. Ultimately I'd
like to do my own builds on the pi as it appears the 4B is actually usable
for serious development were previous versions were too slow for my taste.
:) Otto included a link to a forum thread where he announced his build
procedure and packages:

https://wiki.freepascal.org/Build_current_FPC_and_Lazarus_for_Raspbian

Is your build process similar on the pi4?

Thanks,

-Tom