[Lazarus] We are planning the next release: Lazarus 2.0.10

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 17:41:55 CEST 2020

On Sat, 04 Jul 2020 17:21:25 +0200, Bo Berglund via lazarus

>On Mon, 22 Jun 2020 16:14:40 +0200, Martin Frb via lazarus
><lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>
>>The Lazarus team has scheduled
>>
>>       Lazarus 2.0.10
>>       for July 2020 (estimated 4th to 11th)
>>
>>       This release will be built with_*FPC 3.2.0*_.
>>

>This concerns Lazarus / FPC on Raspberry Pi4
>
>I have just retrieved the 2.0.10 sources via SVN and built Lazarus
>using the FPC 3.2.0 installation I had already done.
>
>It worked fine but when I started Lazarus it showed the dialog where
>the location of things like fpc sources and compiler etc are
>displayed.
>It turns out that for these items it selected fpc 3.0.4 still.
>
>So my Lazarus is built using fpc 3.2.0 but when I install new packages
>they will probably be built using fpc 3.0.4.
>Does this cause some confusion?
>
>Should Lazarus 2.0.10 be repointed towards fpc 3.2.0 before installing
>new packages (via OPM)?

Forgot to add that when I try to install packages I get an error:
"Cannot install package: <packagename>" (for every package I try)

So it actually seems like Lazarus must be set to use fpc 3.2.0 in
order to install packages.

How is that done (apart from doing it at the first time  Lazarus runs
and the dialog is shown)?
I think I have once (years ago) been told how to show the initial
dialog again, but now I cannot find it...

So I have the following problem:
- I need to use fpc 3.2.0 for all Lazarus related building (build
itself with new packages).
- But I also want to be able to use Lazarus to build a project using
the old stable fpc 3.0.4
- So Lazarus must be told to use 3.2.0 to rebuild itself and build
packages, but 3.0.4 to build projects.

Right now I think Lazarus can build my projects using fpc 3.0.4 but
not itself using fpc 3.2.0. And it must be able to build itself in
order to install packages...
And I cannot build my projects without these packages installed...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden