[Lazarus] We are planning the next release: Lazarus 2.0.10

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sat Jul 4 18:12:57 CEST 2020

On 04/07/2020 17:21, Bo Berglund via lazarus wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Jun 2020 16:14:40 +0200, Martin Frb via lazarus
> <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>
>> The Lazarus team has scheduled
>>
>>        Lazarus 2.0.10
>>        for July 2020 (estimated 4th to 11th)
>>
>>        This release will be built with_*FPC 3.2.0*_.
>>
> This concerns Lazarus / FPC on Raspberry Pi4
>
> I have just retrieved the 2.0.10 sources via SVN and built Lazarus
> using the FPC 3.2.0 installation I had already done.
>
> It worked fine but when I started Lazarus it showed the dialog where
> the location of things like fpc sources and compiler etc are
> displayed.
> It turns out that for these items it selected fpc 3.0.4 still.
>
> So my Lazarus is built using fpc 3.2.0 but when I install new packages
> they will probably be built using fpc 3.0.4.
> Does this cause some confusion?
>
> Should Lazarus 2.0.10 be repointed towards fpc 3.2.0 before installing
> new packages (via OPM)?

You need to differ between upgrade and new install.

Upgrades do not touch (during install) the existing config.

If the old fpc install is kept, then the config still points to it. =>
And installing packages will rebuild the entire IDE with this compiler.
(As will your projects be build with the old compiler)

If you updated fpc too, the old fpc would no longer be there, forcing
the IDE to update the config on startup.
(This is an issue on windows, because the installer does not delete the
old fpc.... afaik)