[Lazarus] Switching Lazarus between fpc 3.2.0 and 3.0.4 - how to?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 15:17:53 CEST 2020

On Sun, 5 Jul 2020 20:31:16 +0200, Mattias Gaertner via lazarus

>On Sun, 05 Jul 2020 10:40:11 +0200
>Bo Berglund via lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>
>>[...]
>> >See Project/Project_Options/Compiler_Options/compiler_commands in the
>> >compiler section there is a combo box for the compiler command, by
>> >default it shows "$(CompPath)", but you can specify any compiler you
>> >wish for the current build mode, just select it from the list (I
>> >guess this list is filled with the Most Recent Compiler List used in
>> >Tools/Options/Enviroment settings).

Except there is nothing real to select from. The dropdown shows the
selected item as:
$(CompPath)

And then there are a few extra paths to select from, all non-existing
on the system...

>And if not simply click on the right browse button and select the fpc
>or ppcx64 of your choice.

I guess I could do that provided it stays put...

>> It turns out that in the left side tree view when opening
>> Project/Project_Options the node Compiler_Options is shown at the very
>> bottom but it cannot be expanded by clicking the leading arrow so only
>> the first page is shown.
>
>Never seen that. It is and was always expanded.

It was hidden straight out of the box after I installed Lazarus.
Now after I have once doubleclicked the node name it is always
expanded when I reach this setting...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden