[Lazarus] Switching Lazarus between fpc 3.2.0 and 3.0.4 - how to?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 12:10:20 CEST 2020

On Sun, 21 Jun 2020 11:12:17 +0200 (CEST), Michael Van Canneyt via
lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

>This is so, but it does not have to be a problem: you must not recompile
>lazarus itself using such a secondary copy.

Since Lazarus recompiles itself when one installs a new package, how
can I deal with that?

The compiler executable was set in Lazarus to "fpc" i.e. no path at
all.
I changed it to /home/pi/dev/fpc/3.2.0/compiler/ppcarm
Is this the correct way to do it?

Lazarus help/about still says FPC is version 3.0.4 (I guess it knows
which version compiled it)..

Is there a way I can verify if the settings are modified correctly and
the new fpc is in use for this Lazarus invocation?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden