[Lazarus] The Problem with the Linux Desktop

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Mar 27 10:52:34 CET 2020

On Fri, 27 Mar 2020, Marco van de Voort via lazarus wrote:

>> If you don't like that, stay away from Linux desktop.
>>
> While I largely agree, this reply simply assumes that the culture of
> laisez faire and low backwards compatibility is an universal open source
> trait. While that is a common link, I'm not so far as to say it is
> mandatory thing.

I didn't mean to imply such a conclusion.

I just observe it and think it is simply a fact.
If it hasn't changed in 20+ years, I doubt it ever will.

Whether this fact is good or bad is a personal appreciation.

I can only repeat: if you don't like it, stay away. No sense in getting
frustrated.

Michael.