[Lazarus] The Problem with the Linux Desktop

Marco van de Voort fpc at pascalprogramming.org
Fri Mar 27 11:26:53 CET 2020

Op 2020-03-27 om 10:52 schreef Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus:

> I didn't mean to imply such a conclusion.
>
> I just observe it and think it is simply a fact.
> If it hasn't changed in 20+ years, I doubt it ever will.

Good, then we agree, and I wouldn't hold my breath while waiting this to
change either :-)

With the only remark that delivering some old stable with KDE/QT for 5
year intervals and then workaround as many know issues in your app is
maybe a doable workaround (it was 10 years ago, not sure about now). But
even then the result is subpar compared to Windows.