[Lazarus] Keyboard mapping probelm

Brian b_lists at patandbrian.org
Wed May 6 13:48:37 CEST 2020

On 5/5/20 8:19 PM, Brian via lazarus wrote:
> On 5/5/20 8:16 PM, Brian via lazarus wrote:
>> On 5/5/20 7:57 PM, wkitty42--- via lazarus wrote:
>>> On 5/5/20 6:00 PM, Brian via lazarus wrote:
>>>> To save some trial and error, can anybody tell me which was the last
>>>> version of Lazarus (for Linux, if that makes a difference) that
>>>> doesn't exhibit the problem of an 'm' producing a line feed and an 'i'
>>>> producing a tab then an 'i'?
>>> check your key map settings in lazarus configuration... it sounds like
>>> a macro or you have configured 'm' to line feed and 'i' to tab-'i'...
>> I will look (again), but this is happening reproducibly on a totally
>> clean build of trunk (via fpcupdeluxe), I have tried rebuilding
>> Lazarus with clean all and *just once* I got things to work again
>> using qt5. I've never managed to get things to work again since. I
>> have changed no key map settings, I have configured no macros. This is
>> using 64-bit Linux Mint 19.3, should anybody feel that makes a
>> difference, and BTW, I have also tried switching keyboards, with
>> absolutely no effect. I had about 6-9 months away from using Lazarus,
>> during that time I changed from using Ubuntu 18.04 LTS to Mint 19.3. I
>> didn't see the problem on my old setup, it has occurred every time
>> except that ONE occasion on the current setup. The same PC, just the
>> operating system changed.
> I forgot to add - I totally erased fpcup's entire tree and rebuilt
> from scratch. No change.

Just some additional information here. I have a copy of the latest
Debian-based version of Linux Mint running in a virtual machine (my
main system is the Ubuntu-based Mint) so I installed Lazarus and FPC
from the Debian repositories. This gave me FPC 3.0.4 and Lazarus
2.0.0, with some additional versioning which I think indicates that
it's been built and packaged by Debian. This combination works
perfectly, no trace of the problem.

So, I guess the next thing I do is to try the various SourceForge
versions and see how far back I have to go to get rid of the problem
under Ubuntu-based Mint. I will report back when I have an answer, but
depending on how many regressions are needed, it may take me a day or
two. Watch this space...


More information about the lazarus mailing list