[Lazarus] Keyboard mapping probelm

Brian b_lists at patandbrian.org
Fri May 29 00:17:38 CEST 2020

On 5/28/20 3:50 PM, Juha Manninen via lazarus wrote:
> On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 7:38 PM Brian via lazarus
> <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>> Thanks, but I have also tried various .DEBs from Sourceforge (I think
>> I stated that in an earlier message, but not 100% certain) with no
>> change in the problem.
>
> The .deb packages provide a released version.
> If something is fixed in the development version (trunk), you must use
> it instead.
> fpcupdeluxe is not needed. Just get the sources (svn co ...) and then
> build with "make". Run it directly ($ ./lazarus). No installation is
> required.
> FPC must be installed obviously before all that. The version from your
> distro's repository will do.

Unless you feel that fpcupdeluxe is not installing the trunk version
when that is selected, I really can't see how removing it from the
equation will change anything. fpcupdeluxe is just a convenience.
Nevertheless, I will give it a try, subversion and then building it
myself, but more in hope than expectation. Watch this space...

Brian.