[Lazarus] Keyboard mapping probelm

Brian b_lists at patandbrian.org
Fri May 29 19:09:45 CEST 2020

On 5/29/20 10:40 AM, Bart via lazarus wrote:
> On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 12:54 AM Brian via lazarus
> <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>
>> The only difference in the compilation (that I know of) with
>> fpcupdeluxe is that it's using the trunk version of fpc as well as of
>> lazarus.
> Using fpc trunk i.c.m. lazarus trunk is a recipe for problems.
> Most of them will be fixed on either side, but not always (ATM there
> is a bug in fpc trunk that makes startlazaus unable to find the
> lazarus executable on Windows).
> Also fpcuddeluxe might (I did not check) built both compiler and
> lazarus with mor aggressive optimization settings.
>
> Most likely this has no impact on the 'i' and 'm' issue you are
> experiencing though, since I have seen reports in the bugtracker about
> that before.
> As it stands, nobody knows why this happens.
> It is a Lazarus/LCL/WS issue though, since other programs don't have that issue.

Thanks for the input. The build which failed totally was fpc 3.0.4
with lazarus trunk. The two trunks together did at least succeed in
building a version of lazarus which runs. I only did the further test
version of lazarus built in a Mint Debian VM, it seems to exhibit no
problems, at least none that I have seen so far.

Brian.