[Lazarus] Lazarus totally destroyed... :(

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Nov 20 20:52:36 CET 2020

On Fri, 20 Nov 2020, Bart via lazarus wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 1:09 PM Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus
> <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>>

>> - The IDE does not handle missing ~/.lazarus any more.
>>
>> I tried using startlazarus, but this gives the same issue.
>>

> FWIW:
> I just did a make clean bigide on a fresh checkout and this all went OK.
> I stated Lazarus with an empty config dir:  no problems.
> Rebuilt Lazarus from with IDE: no problems.
>
> Iḿ using fpc 3.2.0-64
> All this on Linux Mint 18.2

It took me a while, but meanwhile I also managed to fix it, but I had to start from zero.

- Fresh checkout of lazarus
- Remove .lazarus in home dir.
- Start newly built IDE
- redo all settings, install all needed packages.

Seems stable.

Looks like something hanging from older version in source/config dir prevented the IDE from
starting.

I sent my .lazarus to Mattias so he can have a look.

I'll treat it as a major cleaning operation :)

Michael.